Tuesday, May 17, 2011

MYSTERY BEER!

Hello and thanks for checking out my blog!

Today, I bottled my Mystery Beer.  A recipe created from left over ingredients I had from other batches.  I couldn't even tell you the grain combination I used, but I gave this one a continuous hopping of 2 oz. Centennial hops for 60 minutes, adding grains of paradise, black pepper, coriander, and orange peel in the last 5 minutes.  Plus I used Rogues own special Wyest to create a strong ale with a higher alcohol percentage. 
Check out the Wyeast website to read up on this yeast! 
http://www.wyeastlab.com/Pc1q2010.cfm


During secondary I added more Centennial hops for dry hopping.


Before bottling I tasted the concoction, and I'd say this is definitely going to come out more like an Imperial IPA, keeping my fingers crossed, but we'll see.  I only had enough ingredients for about 2 gallons, so this will be a very limited batch, especially since I don't have the recipe, HA!  Looking forward to sharing this with friends in 3 or 4 weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment